Playstation 5 (PS5) – Reveal with Specs
This post contains affiliate links and we may earn a commission ( No Cost To You ) when you click and make a purchase using the affiliate links, This will help with costs and maybe buy a beer some day 🙂 Disclaimer.
(Image & video Credit: Sony)
- CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
- External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive
- The PS5 discs: will have a capacity of 100 GB.
- Game installation is mandatory: the console will allow you to just install a multiplayer campaign, or install the entire game and then delete the single-player or multiplayer.
- The controller: “doesn’t have a name yet,” but contains an improved speaker, USB-C connectivity, and a larger-capacity battery.
- There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware: says Mark Cerny, lead system architect.
- New UI: will allow you to see more details on what you can play at any time, as well as more on what your friends are doing.
Release Price, Date, Bundles:
- Rumors for the PS5 price: US$499 / UK£449 / AU$749
- Next date for PS5 price info: Rumors for July
- PS5 pre-order date: Rumors for July
- Which PS5 bundle deals can we expect: Unknown but we could expect launch bundles to include games like Call of Duty, NBA 2K20, and Miles Morales: Spider-Man
The playstation 5 design has been released (pictured), It has been rumoured that the design has been seen to look similar to a wifi router.
Our first look at the new ps5 design and this was our first thoughts that it looks like a router yet most people look at a router and think yes that looks cool we also thought the same about the ps5 design and thought why would they go from the (classic) console design, laid flat, square, sleak yet functional.
Our thoughts are they have design this due to it’s high power/heat generated from the Power Supply, CPU & GPU, they have designed it to disperse heat as fast as possible by doing this design and standing the unit on its side this can be accomplished easy but our thoughts are if it’s going to need all this ventilation then it’s going to get very hot very fast, we all know devices that heat up fast and for long periods of time don’t last very long before they start having problems.
(leave a comment bellow on your thoughts)